Friday, January 18, 2013

Blur

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

It's Friday and I'm not quite sure where this week went. It's been a blur of snotty noses, the project from hell at work, good food, exercising, getting caught up on laundry, lots of playtime, TV watching, reading, and daydreaming about our upcoming trip to Hawaii and everything else this year has in store for me. This was one seriously productive week although on a personal level I don't feel very accomplished.

I think I'm ready to start making 2013 work for me. I'm ready to wake up and do a little bit of planning. With everything that's currently on my plate (kids, husband, job, house) it is SO easy for me to just get caught up in the day-to-day. If I don't make a conscious effort to plan and make time for what I want to do, the days just blur together and before I know it I'll be old and grey.

Intention.

This is what I need a little bit more of in my life. I want to be intentional with my time - in how I spend it with my kids, with my free time in the evenings, and in those stolen moments with my husband. So, along with focusing on just being happy this year, I'm focusing on living with intention as well. Starting now.

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely. It really is easy to get caught up in the blur of same ol' same ol' everyday. That is where I am right now. I am thinking of making some goals for 2013 so I can at least work on trying to get those done... otherwise, it will all flash by before our eyes. Not complaining about the everyday... that is great too but there are definitely some extra special things I'd like to do too! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I'm at a funny point where I am loving the plain and simple everyday, but feeling like I should be doing more. This week I'm setting some goals and getting to it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...