>>> Ipsy January Glam Bag
You guys, Ipsy is so much FUN! I just got my January glam bag in the mail yesterday and it made my week. If you haven't heard of it yet, it's a beauty box subscription ($10/month) where you get 5 beauty products in a cute bag sent to your house each month. I've also tried Birchbox and let me tell you, Ipsy is SO much better. You don't get little foil packet samples or vials of perfumes that you could just pick up at any major department store, you get at least 2 full sized products. My fave from this month's bag were the Josie Maron 100% Argon Oil ($10 value in itself!) and the Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter (best smell EVER). I also got an eyeliner brush, bright red nail polish (full size!), and Big Sexy Hair Spray. Good stuff. FYI - unlike other beauty box subscriptions, there are no rewards for referrals, so I get nothing if you sign up. :)
>>> Private Pinterest Boards
A little while back Pinterest rolled out private pin boards where you can pin to your heart's content without any of your followers (or strangers) seeing what you pin. Have you used one yet? It's pretty handy dandy. My friend Katie & I just set one up for our friend's baby shower that we're throwing (I guess ya get a tiny sneak peek, Kelly!) and it's so much fun! Her & I can pin away without Kelly or anyone else seeing what we're up to. Sneaky. Great for party planning and gift ideas.
>>> Bar Method 60-Day Challenge
I am still going strong at the Bar Method! This week my local studio launched a 60-day challenge - we took measurements and wrote down our physical and personal goals to accomplish in the next 60 days. I am committing to taking 4 classes/week with a goal of attaining bikini confidence before our March trip to Hawaii. :) And, I also want to be able to do the splits (front to back) and complete full sets of push-ups on the balls of my feet (right now I usually end up switching to knees half way through). I can do it! Honestly, I've never felt better than I do right now in my life - I'm officially a Bar Method addict! Who woulda thunk it?
>>> Photography Class
A while back I bought a Groupon for a month long course through Flying Photo School. I'm finally knocking off another Dream To Do by actually taking the class! The hubby and I are half way through "Digital 101" where we are learning to take our pics in manual mode. I'm happy to report that I now fully understand white balance, ISO, and shutter speed! We'll be learning about aperture next. I've always loved taking pics and I can't wait to take my photography to the next level. Now if only I could afford a better camera lens...
>>> My New Blog Design (coming soon!)
Sorry, no sneak peek at this one. :) In the next 24 hours, I will be attempting to transfer my blog over to Wordpress. I'm excited for a cleaner, "more me" blog design and a blog home that is 100% mine where I have all of the rights and control. I'm hoping I can figure this thing out on my own. I'm asking you to bear with me over the next couple of days as I get everything situated. We'll see if it all works out by my next post! Please, please, please let me know if anything funky happens on your end. Thanks in advance!
Hoping you all are having HAPPY and productive week! What's making you happy this week?
I'm so thrilled for your blog move! You're going to love WP- I don't regret switching from blogger AT ALL!
ReplyDeleteAlso, let me know about that photography class if you like it at the end. I'm looking for one similar. I wonder if they have a Lightroom class- THAT'S what I need.
xoxo
Megan
I'm loving my IPSY glam bag, too! Thanks so much for the tip, I got a 3month subscription for Christmas :) That Nailtini polish is the bomb--stays on so long! (I got the super light blush color though).
ReplyDeleteExcited for your new blog design and maybe some thoughts on wordpress vs blogger? I've heard of others switching and I'm curious the motivation and end results!
I LOVE IPSY!! I signed my sister up this month as a little monthly surprise to her mailbox. :) I also get a box called Popsugar, and NewBeauty. I love Newbeauty! It's mostly skincare items though. Im currently in the hot yoga phase, but it's been a year or so so I might need to change my workout soon and it will definitely be Bar Method! Great blog post Missy. Looking forward to seeing your new blog design
ReplyDeleteI also LOVE the private boards on Pinterest! It helps me organize my references for new artwork without showing everyone what I'm up to. Good for you for tackling some of your goals! I'm excited to see your new blog!
ReplyDeleteOh I keep hearing about Ipsy!! I currently have a prepaid Birchbox subscription, but as soon as that's over... I will probably try out the glambag. Looks awesome!!
ReplyDeleteTEst
ReplyDeleteThere's several plugins like "Broken link checker" you could use, just know it will "line-through" links you haven't approved yet so you have to install the plugin and immediately check all the links it marks as broken. (For my site almost all of them so I uninstalled the plugin within 5 minutes..!)
ReplyDelete