Leila Jade.
My daughter will be three and a half on Tuesday. When I was putting my homage to 2012 post together the other day and reflecting back on last year, it boggled my mind how much my daughter has changed since the start of 2011. I think the growth from 2.5 to 3.5 is the craziest transformation I've witnessed in my life thus far. Exactly one year ago I was still changing her poopy diapers and struggling to understand her sentences. And now? Now I have a little princess on my hands with a love for poofy dresses (that's seriously all she will wear these days) and baby dolls who can write her own name and voice her opinion on EVERYTHING.
"Um Mom, if you keep acting that way you're not going to be invited to my birthday party!" <~~ The latest Leila-ism that cracks me up.
Three is the best age I've experienced so far. They're potty trained, they can communicate clearly, and they are SO much fun! It is also an extremely difficult age. One minute I will have the sweetest little daughter who I just can't get enough of and the next minute a flip will switch and she's not my daughter any more - she's a strange creature throwing a tantrum unlike anything I've ever seen. It's an amazing phenomenon, really.
Every night I say a prayer. I thank God for giving me Leila and I feel my love and thankfulness for her pulsing through every part of my body from my head to my toes. She is worth every single tantrum, tear, scream, mess, and sass that she can throw my way. Bring it on, girl!
& a post for my little Lando-pie will be up tomorrow. :-)
Awww she sounds like sooo much fun at the moment and such a smart little thing!! This makes me really excited about having my own little girl at this age. I always get a bit sad the older she gets, but then reading things like this remind me that it will be okay and the next stages will be a blast too! :) I'll need to invest in some poofy dresses! And my goodness, that is one beauty of a little girl you have. Love seeing photos of her.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to reading a little Landon update soon too!
She is too precious! And probably keeps you laughing.
ReplyDeleteCatherine Denton
Hello! I found you through the hop, and I'm super glad I did because I haven't found many other bloggers with children who are the same age as my daughter (she will be 4 at the end of March) and I feel like I can only relate to them in a "oh, yeah, I remember when my daughter was going through that.." so it's nice to find someone who I can relate to *presently*!
ReplyDeleteI love those dressup clothes! Your daughter is gorgeous! I look forward to future posts :)
I'm excited for V to become more of a toddler and little girl. I keep saying "This is my favorite age, yet!" with her, only to be surpassed a month later, when I repeat that saying.
ReplyDeleteShe looks SOOO much like you. :)
She is too cute. And I agree that three is the most magical and frustrating age. I can play with Isabella all day and we'll be having a blast and a second later she's gone completely postal and I'm ready to lock myself in the closet. Crazy girls.
ReplyDeleteHello! I left a comment yesterday but it got flagged after I tried to edit it. I had said something along the lines of...
ReplyDeleteHello! I found you through the hop and I'm so glad I did because I haven't found many other bloggers with children who are the same age as my daughter. Usually, their kids are younger and talking with them is always like "Yeah, I remember when my daughter was doing that" so it's nice to read about someone who I can relate more to. :)
P.S. I blog over at http://www.tantrumsandteaparties.blogspot.com
It just gets better and better, Fiona! Savor every moment. :)
ReplyDeleteDoesn't she? She used to look just like her daddy, but now she's all me.
ReplyDeleteIt's insane! It's seriously like we're getting little tastes of the hormonal teenage years. Oh, shoot me now.
ReplyDeleteHi Justine! So happy you stopped by!!
ReplyDelete