Saturday, January 7, 2012

Leila-isms @ 2.5 years old

Tomorrow my baby girl will be exactly 2.5 years old. She's growing up too dang fast! Today I thought I'd document some current little tid-bits about my cute and funny girl.

Super Leila!
Photobucket

Eating:

  • Leila is still a ridiculously picky eater. And it's only getting worse. For the past few days she has hardly eaten a thing. But she is very happy and energetic, so I'm trying not to be too concerned.
  • Her favorite foods are: anything sweet, chocolate milk, Greek yogurt, mac n' cheese, Costco cheese pizza, quesadillas, fruit.
  • Usually she will refuse to eat unless she is sitting on the couch in front of the TV watching one of her favorite shows. I know it is awful of me to accommodate this, but sometimes I'll do whatever it takes just to get her to eat something.
  • Right now she is actually eating grape nuts mixed in vanilla Greek yogurt - YESSSSSSS!
Playing:
  • Leila Jade still LOVES to play doctor. She got a doctor kit for Christmas and loves to use it on all of her babies and us. And she still says she's going to be a doctor when she grows up. I'm not complaining! :-)
  • Her babies are her prized possessions. She brings at least one everywhere we go. And she got a baby doll Graco car seat for Christmas, so that is usually getting dragged along with us everywhere, too.
  • Another one of her favorite things is building towers. Whether with blocks or Lego's or a stack of books, she just loves to see how tall she can make them.
  • And, Leila still loves to be chased. She is constantly yelling, "Daddy/Mommy come get me!" and running away.
  • She is SOOO good at independent play. We feel truly blessed that she is so good at keeping herself entertained.
Sleeping:
  • Still the same old sleep situation going on here: Leila falls asleep in her bed around 8pm and then wakes up and gets in bed with us around midnight. The only difference is that now she brings with her at least one baby in the play car seat, her blankie, and her beloved bear blankie. Makes for one crowded family bed!
  • Leila has been a little bit more stubborn falling asleep lately. She makes the potty excuse at least a few times once I get her in bed (and we can't say "No" when she actually wants to sit on the potty). And then she is thirsty. And then she can't find her bear blankie. And then a half an hour later she finally conks out.
  • She is still a great napper and usually goes down for her naps without making a peep! Praise the Lord!
Randoms:
  • The heart melter lately? Leila will be whining or crying and I'll ask her what's wrong or what she wants. She'll say, "I just want you Mommy." How can I argue with that?
  • Leila is getting pretty good at counting. She can make it up to the high teens now.
  • Potty training is a power struggle. When Leila wants to use the potty she is a pro (minus pooping). But some days she just wants nothing to do with it. Leila is winning so far.
  • She is always asking where certain people are. Like non-stop. Where's Grandma & Grandpa? Where's Jessica? Where's Billy? Cute, but it gets annoying real fast.
  • Leila is still the best big sister. She just loves Landon and is always covering him with kisses and giving him hugs. Love it!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...