Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Relinquishing Control

“If you want to reach a state of bliss, then go beyond your ego and the internal dialogue. Make a decision to relinquish the need to control, the need to be approved, and the need to judge. Those are the three things the ego is doing all the time. It's very important to be aware of them every time they come up.” - Deepak Chopra

Photobucket

Who's a control freak? I am, I am! And I'm not necessarily proud of it. Here's just a few points of evidence...
  • I am the WORST backseat driver. And my hubby let's me know this.
  • I just about had an anxiety/panic attack when I first sat down to plan my maternity leave and realized that other people will be doing my job... and that's why I ended up just doing some things from home.
  • It takes every ounce of mental strength in me to watch Leila put on her own shoes and not butt in and take over.
  • Someone asks, "Can you show me how to do _________?" and I instantly reply, "Oh, don't worry about it, I'll just take care of it for you."
AND, I've noticed that little miss Leila Jade is starting to take after me, too. She wants to do EVERYTHING herself. Us two control freaks have been butting heads quite a bit lately and she's only two and a half! Imagine when she's 16! Oh, just shoot me now.

So anyway, lately I've been really focusing on relinquishing control... on letting go... and just going with the flow. Yeah man. (The hippie in me is coming out - HA!) And let me tell you - it feels good! I think I've just gotten to a point in my life where I have no time to be a control freak. I have 2 kids now, I'm still working full time, and I have a bazillion and one things going on in my head. I have to take all the help I can get and I need to stop being so selfish. Just another thing about myself I want to work on. :-)

Now I would just like to take a second and apologize to my hubby for ALL of my controlling tendencies. Sometimes I think, "how can he even stand to be with me?" So, thank you babe for putting up with me for so long!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...