Thursday, January 12, 2012

A pleasant surprise...

Today ended up being much better than I thought it would be! The frantic morning struggle of getting two kiddos and myself ready and out the door by 7:30am was actually a piece of cake with my sweet hubby's help (knock, knock, knocking on wood right now). The daycare drop off was smooth and actually tear free on my part. And when I pulled into work dread filled my stomach, but was quickly erased by the smiling faces of my co-workers and this...

Photobucket

Nothing says "Welcome Back" better than balloons, confetti, candy & flowers! I am so blessed to work with such AMAZING people! Seriously, if it weren't for my work family I may have said sayonara to my job long ago.

And then I received another beautiful tropical flower arrangement from my hubby mid-day (bottom left pic).

And for some reason, I was able to sit down at my desk and jump right back into work. After having Leila it seemed like it took me a few days to get my bearings back, but this time it felt like I never even left. At lunch I stopped by the daycare to check in with Landon and he was happy as a clam.

God is good.

Now all this isn't to say that I didn't have my moments of feeling as if a piece of my heart was missing without my babies. But, I did end up having a much better day than I thought I would.

One day at a time...

2 comments:

  1. So wonderful! What a great surprise, I'm glad all went well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, so glad to hear it!! Thank goodness for awesome coworkers and husbands :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...