"Everyone has a calling and your real job in life is to figure out what that is and go about your business of doing it." - Oprah Winfrey
So this morning I finally decided to watch the Oprah Winfrey Show finale that has been sitting on my DVR since May (pathetic, I know). I never was a huge Oprah fanatic, but I did grow up watching her occasionally with my mom and here and there into my adulthood when I was home sick or somehow found the time. But when I watched her today, I felt (as I'm sure millions of others who watched the finale also felt) as though she was speaking directly to me. If you didn't watch the finale of her show I encourage you to check it out on YouTube or wherever you can find it. Totally inspiring.
Anyway, the above quote totally struck a chord with me. I feel like I am constantly on the search for my calling in life... my passion... something I can offer the world that will make a difference. I know for a fact I was meant to be a mother as my children have filled a void in my heart that just couldn't be filled with anything else. So in a sense, that is probably part of my calling in life. But, I don't think that's all of it. I still haven't found my passion. I am soooooooooo jealous of everyone out there who knows what they love to do and feels that their life is fulfilled through it on a daily basis. I guess some people are lucky and grow up knowing exactly what they want out of life. Others, like me, are still completely clueless as adults.
So, I guess finding my calling will continue to be the biggest Dream To Do of mine (adding it to the top of my Dreams list right now).
Are you one of the lucky few who have actually found your calling in life? If so... no fair! :-)
Another post of yours that I could have written myself. Totally agree, and totally jealous of those who have found their calling. I keep wondering if it'll ever happen. I'm not getting any younger!
ReplyDelete