Monday, January 2, 2012

The Post-Holiday Blues

Anyone else? Once we hit November, the high starts to kick in... the excitement for the next couple of months - Thanksgiving followed by my birthday followed by Christmas followed by New Years. And then there's the crash. After New Year's day I am usually a little bit down in the dumps. The weather sucks. Nothing much exciting to look forward too. And this time? This time is MUCH worse. Ten days from now I will be back at work.

Tears. Literally.

I may have chosen the worst time to have a baby. Sure it was nice to have all of the holidays off from work, but now I have to head back to the grind during my very least favorite month of the year. A time when I am already feeling a little bit down.

I am going to miss these 2 sooooooooooooooooo much...

Photobucket

This morning I woke up and my hubby headed off to work. The realization that this is one of my last few week days home alone with my sweet kiddos stabbed my heart like a knife. How am I going to do it? I love my job. I love my co-workers. But, I... don't know.

As a browsed Pinterest this morning, feeling sorry for myself and trying to figure out where I'll get the strength once again to head back to work after 3 months off, I came across this. Do you think it's a sign?

Photobucket

I know for a fact that I will be back in the office on January 12th. Do I know how long I'll be there? Nope.

This is the constant battle in my head. I love work. I love my kids. What do I do? How can I balance it all without beating myself up? There is not going to be an easy answer. If I keep working I get some "me time" and I get to help support our family, but I'm not there for my loves. If I quit working I get rid of the work stress and I get to be there for ALL of the little moments in my kiddos lives, but I may lose my sanity. It's so tough.

Praying for guidance through this tricky start of the year. I know everything will be fine and I'm trying my hardest to stay positive. I just don't really know how I feel or what I'm doing quite yet.

End vent.

2 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, i feel you! I go back the 11th and i WANT TO DIE. it doesn't help that i hate my job. love my coworkers, hate my job. I'm looking for something else. I hope I find something that softens the blow. hate to leave my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, I'm so sorry you have to go back to a job you hate! But, it actually does make me feel a little better to know that I'm not alone in this. All of us working mommas must feel this way sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...