He inched closer to me. His body just barely touched my right side, but I swear I could feel every pore of ours that collided. My heart was pounding so hard that I was positive he could hear it through my chest.
The silence was awkward. I started to sweat. I could hear the low slow breathing of our two sleeping friends. Now what? I could feel the chemistry shooting between us, but I didn't know how to act on it.
And I didn't have to.
In an instant he rolled on top of me and our mouths met. I always wondered if my braces would get in the way of kissing and now I knew... they were not an issue. The real issue was the amount of saliva dripping down the side of my mouth and how his tongue was practically choking me.
Is this what kissing is like? Wow, I guess this isn't all it's cracked up to be. Now what do I do? Keep going? Push him off me?
I felt like I was drowning. Drowning in a sloppy make-out session that was far from romantic. After what felt like an eternity of tongue thrusting drooliness, I finally got the nerves up to pull away - turning my head to the left while his mouth hit my right cheek.
"What's wrong?," he asked.
"Oh, I just think I should be getting back to my tent. I'm tired." Geez, what a lame excuse.
Before he could say anything I was waking my girlfriend up and dragging her back to our campsite. Wiping the saliva off my check as we ran through the darkness.
My first kiss was far from perfect, but I guess I'll never forget it.
Today I'm linking up with Heather over at The Extraordinary Ordinary - I absolutely love her free writing posts, so I thought I'd give it a try. :-)
Great post! I love the free writing I've been seeing a couple of bloggers do lately.
ReplyDeleteWow! That's pretty unforgettable!
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not sure if I would want to remember that!
My first kiss was at camp, too!
Wow! That's pretty unforgettable!
ReplyDeleteBut I'm not sure if I would want to remember that!
My first kiss was at camp, too!