Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Woe Is Me

"If only the people who worry about their liabilities would think about the riches they do possess, they would stop worrying." - Dale Carnegie
My little night owl.
Photobucket

I make a huge point of trying my hardest to never feel sorry for myself. I know that there are millions of people on this planet who are dealing with things that even the darkest depths of my mind can't fathom. I really do try my best to feel grateful for each and every moment God gives me - the good, the bad, the ugly.

HOWEVER.

When it's 4:30am and you're dealing with a crying infant who's been waking up throughout the night, it's hard not to feel down. For the last week Landon has been giving me a heck-of-a time at night. Last night he woke up at 11pm, 2am, 3:30am, & 4:30am. So, at 4:30 this morning I hit a low point. In my delirious state I busted down in tears and thought, "why me?" as if this was the worst thing in the world. And I felt sorry for myself. Sorry that I had to be up for the day in an hour and a half after a restless night. Sorry that I had to head off to a crazy-busy day at the office, including a big client presentation, with my sleep deprived brain. And just plain sorry for my poor boobs that had been sucked on all night. Yeah, that's right... I said it.

Ya wanna know how I handled me and Landon's 4:30am sob fest? I put the fussy baby back in his crib and I went back to bed, shutting both doors behind me. I ended up getting an extra hour of solid sleep and he must have eventually fallen back to sleep because he woke up at 7am, happy as a clam.

And now my brain is on straight again and I'm back to feeling grateful for the life I have been given. Sure, I look like a drug addict with my bloodshot eyes and I feel like I need a caffeine IV right now, but I don't feel sorry for myself any more. I chose to be a parent. And I chose these sleepless nights.

I guess I just need to remember this next time I'm crying my eyes out at 4am.

2 comments:

  1. I can so relate to this! Sky was the same way a lot of nights...it seems like just yesterday this was me! Hope you got through the day....thankfully it ends...at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to repeat to myself "this too shall pass," but I swear nothing helps when it's the middle of the night and you're utterly exhausted! Hopefully tonight will be better. :)

      Delete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...