Friday, February 10, 2012

Our Love Story: How We Met

Even though my hubby and I have only been married for 3.5 years, our love story began nearly 14 years ago...

Photobucket

It was the summer of '98. I was 14 years old and had just graduated from 8th grade. My days consisted of lounging at the local lakes, thinking about boys, and bouncing around friends houses for sleepovers. Ahhhhhh, the easy life. I was staying at a new friend's house when we decided to call up one of her guy friends I had never met. His name was Andy and he was only 13. :-)

I ended up on the phone with Andy while my friend ran to the bathroom. He ended up with my number. The next night I was back home and Andy called. We spent over 3 hours (seriously!) on the phone getting to know everything about eachother and talking complete nonsense, too. Looking back, the best part about that night was that when it was time to get off the phone Andy said, "I love you." Sure, it was in a joking way, but every phone conversation we had after that, we always said "I love you".... and because of this, I don't even know when the first time we REALLY said "I love you" was.

We spent the next week or so chatting on the phone almost every night... and we still had never even seen eachother! Finally we got to meet face-to-face at a basketball tournament. I remember it clearly. Andy was decked out in his baggy basketball shorts and jersey, sucking on a red popsicle outside on a 90 degree day. I thought he was absolutely adorable, but our meeting was actually really awkward. We were with a group of friends and neither of us ended up saying much of anything to eachother besides "Hi."

Throughout the rest of that summer, we continued to talk on the phone and hang out around town and at the lake with our growing group of mutual friends.  Did we become a couple? Nope. Over time I realized that I just saw Andy as a really good friend... and someone else kinda got in our way.

To be continued...

 :-)

Read Part 2 of our love store HERE.

1 comment:

  1. Reading love stories inspires me to just wait for my perfect match. I am very glad that you had found the love of your life and both of you are happy with each other. Keep your love for each other to be a strong and everlasting. God bless you both! :')

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...