“Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it.” ― Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner
Wow, I'm sitting here typing this in complete silence. All I hear is the hum of the dryer in the basement. I don't think I've returned from work to an empty house since before Leila was born 2.5 years ago. And it feels strange. And peaceful. And I don't quite know what to do with myself.
Today was the hubby's day off, so he took the kiddos to his parents house for a visit. Being that it is a 1.5 hour drive from here, I won't be joining them. So, this means that I get a little time to myself. What to do? What to do? That is the question.
I think I'll just sit. And listen to myself think for once. And not have to worry about cooking dinner for anyone or wiping anybody's butt. Ahhhhhhh. It feels good.
Oh wait. Never mind. There are 457 loads of laundry to put away and an extremely dirty house to tidy up. And my peeps will probably be home very soon.
I guess the idea of a little quiet downtime was nice, though. :-)
I just got my wisdom tooth taken out so my husband took my daughter out for the day so I can rest and I have no idea what to do with myself. It's so quiet in here. So instead of resting, I cleaned the house, did 3 loads of laundry, and I'm finally sitting down with a cup of coffee and it feels weird, but good. Like an old memory of how quiet life used to be lol. Too bad you don't live closer, we could have totally hung out!
ReplyDeleteYeah, you are across the country from me. Otherwise, just from reading your blog I'm pretty sure we could be BFFs. :-) Hope your mouth feels ok!
Delete