Saturday, January 29, 2011

Back to life. Back to reality.

For the past week my hubby, our little one, and I have been living in a fantasy world. A world where a time change allows you to easily wake up before sunrise each morning for a quiet walk on the beach. A world where you never have to wear pants or a coat. A world where there are no dishes or laundry and you don't have to make your own bed. A world where you have NOTHING to do, but lounge around on the beach drinking pina coladas and watching your baby play in the sand. A world full of plenty of these:

Photobucket

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Hawaii.

We had the BEST trip EVER. I can't even put our experience into words. All I know is that if you aren't setting aside some savings for an annual tropical family vacation, you should start doing so now. I think this was the first trip I have ever taking that really felt like a true vacation. We've been to Oahu a couple of times already, so we had already seen the sights. This time we only left our resort on one day - for a trip over to the beach we got married on and a drive around the island. But even that was so leisurely and peaceful. No places to be at any specific time. No people to meet up with. It was pure bliss. The rest of our days were spent lounging and playing in the sand and napping in our room. Leila loved every minute of it and I don't think I've ever seen her happier. She was an ANGEL the whole time (with one minor outburst on the flight back home, but even I was grouchy to be leaving). As for the leash, we only busted it out once in the Seattle airport (and really that was purely for a photo moment).

For now that is all I will say about our amazing vacay. The rest of the story will come in photos within the next week. We got some great family shots on "our" beach and I can't wait to share.

On a side note: I think Zefarch is gone! I spent a good chunk of my afternoon researching how to get rid of him and deleting files and downloading virus sofware and I haven't seen him since! I guess my mac book will have to wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...