Monday, January 17, 2011

I bought my kid a leash.

And this is something that was definitely not on my Dreams To Do list. I really believed that I would never be a parent who walked my child like a dog. But since becoming a parent I have done quite a few things which I thought I would never do (yes, my child sleeps with me at night). I used to see parents at the mall or at the airport with their child on a leash and I would judge them...think they were too lazy to keep a close eye on their kid, think they were treating them like an animal, not a human being. (Now of course I do not pre-judge, see this post.)

Now I believe that I would rather have my child on a leash than have some psycho snatch her up when my eyes are distracted for a minute at the busy airport on our way to Hawaii. I would rather be able to set her down while I order a coffee and not have to worry about her taking off. Part of me is still a little bit embarrassed to use it, but I wanted to have it with us just in case. Either way, Leila likes it! :)

Leila got new shoes for Hawaii, too!
Photobucket

Cute little monkey harness! (just trying to make myself feel better about it)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Don't be embarrassed, I'm sure Dax will have one this summer haha! A little boy I used to baby sit had one and he loved it, used to ask to wear his 'packpack' (backpack) :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...