Saturday, January 15, 2011

Masterpiece

I did it! I completed my painting for our bathroom! Wow. Maybe this doesn't seem like a big deal, but I am a person who doesn't follow through on projects like this. Well, at least not until now. I used to always say I was going to do something, but if it wasn't a "have to" kinda thing, I just would never get around to it. But, I am learning to make time. I'm learning that if I can just get off the couch, away from the sleezy reality TV for a half an hour each night I can accomplish a ton. Like my masterpiece for instance. Literally, I probably spent 30-40 minutes total on it. And just $14 at the craft store. Amazing. Check it out:

Some acrylic paint...
Photobucket

I painted some branches and let it dry over night...
Photobucket

Then I added the flowers to create some very unique cherry blossoms!
Photobucket

The finished product hanging in our bathroom (and Leila gazing adoringly up at it)!
Photobucket

Now what? A quilt maybe? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...