Monday, January 10, 2011

A Blank Canvas

Literally.

Photobucket

Yesterday I took a little trip to the craft store. Why? I wasn't sure exactly, but I knew I wanted some inspiration, something to get me on my crafty, artsy, dream-doing way. I left with a blank canvas. And, some bright orange and green paint! See that lime green wall behind the canvas? Well, that is our cheery bathroom. And my wonderful mother bought us orange towels for Christmas. Soooooooooo, I wanna paint something orange to tie it all together.

Here's a shot of our bathroom with the already beautiful blank canvas hanging on the wall (oh, and of course our little fishy back there):

Photobucket

Doesn't the green and orange look good together? Originally I just had plain white towels, but mother thought orange would look good. And it does! So, the plan is for me to paint my masterpiece sometime this week. I'm not going to commit to a specific day or time because I am taking my "dreams to do" game plan one step at a time. I'm not gonna push it. Either way, I'm just proud of myself already that I've been doing more, not just sitting back, watching TV, and dreaming. Go me! Baby steps, I say.

On another note, I started tackling another dream this past weekend when I actually cooked dinner! Okay, so maybe it was the easiest dish EVER, but it was delicious and we all enjoyed it. Taco soup. My co-worker shared the recipe and I have no clue who came up with it, but it rocks.

TACO SOUP
  • 1 lb. ground beef (browned and drained)
  • 1 can corn
  • 1 can kidney beans
  • 1 can black beans
  • 1 can diced tomatoes
  • 1 pack of taco seasoning


Seriously, you just cook the beef and drain it, then dump everything else in and heat it up. That simple. Then ya add some fritos and cheese and sour cream and you are in taco soup heaven. (Or, if you're on a diet, you can skip the Fritos, cheese, and sour cream, and sprinkle some Sensa instead!) Oh yeah! Even picky eater Leila took a couple bites.

The finished product ready for the little one:

Photobucket

Here's to a wonderful, productive week ahead! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...