Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm planning our meals!

In an attempt to control our food spending and get me off my lazy I-hate-to-cook ass in the evenings, I am going to try meal planning. I've tryed it before with no success. BUT, this time I am posting it on the world wide web for all of you to hold me accountable.

Photobucket

Looks pretty simple and do-able right? Well, I'm going to admit that this list took me a while to come up with. I am lame and don't have many easy recipes under my belt. This was seriously all I could think of! If you have any super easy, somewhat healthy go-to recipes...please share! I need all the help I can get.

The plan is to start next week. I'm giving myself a few days to mentally prepare. We will grocery shop this weekend for the items we still need to make all our planned meals. I'm hoping I can cut our grocery trips down to once/week and eventually once every two weeks (once I have more than 5-6 things I can make easily.) I will also attempt to use some coupons for the first time this weekend. I'm really excited because by making an actual meal every night (except for my breather on Wednesday) we will have leftovers for lunch! That will save us so much because right now Andy usually buys something for lunch and I usually do at least a couple times a week (however, I will still be lunching with my ladies every Friday).

Let's do it!

My picky eater. Spinach ravioli wasn't cutting it, so a go-gurt it was.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Found you on mamablog--cute blog! I've been trying to do more meal planning too but I have to come up with things that take almost no time to prepare because my evenings are so hectic. This week my menu consists of chicken enchiladas, hot dogs wrapped with crescent rolls, tuna salad on bagels, cereal and frozen pizza. LAME! :)

    Becky
    http://alazycrazylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha Becky! Your meal menu sounds a lot like mine this week! Sure I started off strong, but I'm taking it easy this week. But that's ok! At least we're thinking ahead. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...