Sunday, March 13, 2011

Spring forward with weekend perfection (well, almost)

Cheers to an extra hour of daylight! This sure has been a most relaxing, enjoyable weekend at home. The 'almost' stems from the fact that Leila randomly woke up at 10pm on Friday night and puked ALL over herself and her bed. She has NEVER thrown up before. It was rather scary for her and disgusting for us. But after a bath, a change of clothes, and a load of laundry, we all slept soundly for the rest of the night. Leila woke up Saturday morning with a big smile on her face and has been fantastic ever since. Oh the joys of parenthood!

Check out my happy little girl playing outside. Yes, it is Spring again!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Seriously, who wakes up this happy after throwing up everything they ate the day before?
Photobucket

My hard-working hubby cleaning up pine needles.
Photobucket

Proof that Spring is here! A tulip peaking out of the earth.
Photobucket

As you can see, we spent a lot of time outside this weekend. In a couple weeks we went from over a foot of fresh snow to none once again. And I'm not complaining! Other weekend festivities included a visit from Nana (my mommy), a St. Patrick's Day feast at Andy's bro's house, a visit and lunch with Auntie Christie & Cousin Destin, and mommy finishing cutting out the quilt! Yes, I actually did it! And I must say, I hate cutting fabric. Sorry, I don't think I'm cut out to be a quilter. Not a fan so far. BUT, I'm going to see this project through and cross it off my Dreams To Do (that is, until I start on my real family heirloom dream quilt someday).

Check out my piles-o-fabric squares. No fancy cut-outs for me. Straight up squares sewn together. No pattern required. Oh, I know I've barely just begun...
Photobucket

So you see, I had quite a busy and productive and relaxing weekend all at once. And I am soooo ready and happy for Spring to arrive! An extra hour of daylight baby! Now let's just see if we all wake up in time for work tomorrow morning. :-)

Here's to a FABULOUS week ahead!

A new Spring bouquet from my loving hubby.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...