Saturday, November 5, 2011

Cloth Diapers: Day 1

I finally got up the nerve to try out cloth diapers today! Actually, it wasn't about nerves. I chose to only invest in one size pocket diapers (a combination of BumGenius, Sunbaby, & Go Green), which typically don't fit well until the babe is around 10 lbs or so. BUT, my awesome friend Rachel (who inspired me to give cloth a try) brought over her stash of newborn diapers for me to test out. And today was day 1.

Ha! So I know he totally looks uncomfortable, but I swear he's loving the cloth so far. :-)
Photobucket

Unfortunately I don't think Landon will be in Rachel's newborn diapers for very long. He's already on the loosest setting and as of last Wednesday, he had already gained over a pound since birth! My big man! So, we'll probably be transitioning to our stash soon. Speaking of our diaper stash, check it out...

Cloth diapers are super cute! (along with many other pros)
Photobucket

As for how our day has gone... easy peasy! Now, I haven't done my first laundry load of stinkies yet, but I really don't think it's going to be bad at all. And maybe this is sick and twisted of me, but I kinda enjoy using our nifty diaper sprayer to spray the poo off (which apparently you don't have to do with breast milk poo, but I am anyway). So, I don't think I'm going to have a problem sticking it out with the cloth. And I will totally keep ya'll posted on how it goes and which diaper brands end up being my fave (for those of you who actually care).

Okee, enough about baby butts. I will leave ya with a few cute pics.

Handsome profile...
Photobucket

Heart...is...melting...
Photobucket

Sigh...
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. He is so cute!! I really want to try cloth diapers someday when I have #2 so I'd love to hear how it goes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Emily! I will definitely keep you posted on how the cloth diapering goes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how cute!!

    I actually came across this by searching "cloth diaper stash pictures"...and I have to ask. What baskets are those?? Storing diapers is such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lynn! Thanks for stopping by! I either got those baskets at Target or TJ Maxx, but I don't remember exactly. They are the perfect fit for our changing table though!

    ReplyDelete
  5.  They're really pretty! :) Turns out we have too many diapers to fit in that sort of basket, hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello what brand of new born clothe diapers do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mandy! I tried both BumGenius and Rumparooz ALL IN ONE newborn size diapers and I really liked them both. However, my little guy grew so fast that we were in the one size diapers after only a couple of weeks. Next time I will probably just use disposable diapers until baby is big enough to fit in the one size pocket diapers I owned. My friend lent me her newborn stash to try out, which saved me a lot of money. I've heard prefolds and covers are a great option for teenie tiny babies, too. I however have no personal experience with them.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...