I have been fully embracing playing housewife/stay-at-home mommy. Today Leila and I got busy in the kitchen baking up these most delicious & nutritious cookies. And these aren't just any ole cookie...
The other week my good friend Rachel brought me a bag of lactation cookies... cookies that are supposed to help increase your milk supply (not that I need any help in that department - seriously, I am one crazy milk-making machine!). She warned me that they were healthy and probably wouldn't taste too great. BUT, they were awesome! Andy, Leila, and I devoured the bag in like 2 days. They satisfied my sweet tooth without making me feel guilty, so I knew I needed to try to make them.
Soooooooo, I'm too lazy to type up the whole recipe, but you can find it here (courtesy of DrMomma.org, the recipe was created by Kathleen Major, PNP, RN). Key ingredients include whole wheat flour, oats, peanut butter, flax, brewer's yeast, cinnamon, sugar, nuts, & chocolate chips. I didn't have any brewer's yeast, so I left it out.
Leila had a ton of fun helping me make them (it got VERY messy!) and little Landon just slept through the whole process. :-) It was a great way to pass some time at home and I definitely plan on baking some more with her! Anyhow, I totally recommend these cookies, even if you aren't breastfeeding or don't even have boobs. They make a great breakfast cookie to have along with a banana and a cup of coffee. Yummo!
I also made progress in the kitchen last night when I busted out the good ole crock pot. I took a look around at what we had and threw in some chicken, teeny tiny potatoes, red bell pepper, onion, Italian seasoning, and about a cup of store bought balsamic vinaigrette. Turned out mighty tasty! (Although I did forget to season with S&P, which it needed).
Isn't she a beauty?
All in all, I'm pretty dang proud of myself for staying busy and productive on the home front! Now if only I could get to that dang laundry...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!