Saturday, November 12, 2011

First Snow

Here's what we woke up to this morning:

Photobucket

A light dusting of snow. The first feeling that overcame me when I looked out the window was dread. While I grew up loving the winter, over the past few years I've started to hate it. The loooooonnnnnnnggggggggggg, dark, cold days. The treacherous driving conditions. The claustrophobia of feeling trapped inside all the time. But ya know what? I quickly pushed away that feeling of dread and made myself instead embrace the excitement of winter and all it brings with it. Here is what I am choosing to focus on instead...
  • Thanksgiving is right around the corner (YUMMO!) and so is Christmas!!! And who doesn't love Christmas?
  • My b-day is also just a couple weeks away and I still get giddy thinking about it (even though I'll be a year closer to the end of my 20s)
  • Ugg boots on my feetsies!
  • Can't wait to build snowmen and make snow angels with Leila Jade this year
  • Christmas cookies! Pumpkin pie! And HOT chocolate! (Remember, I have a MAJOR sweet tooth these days)
  • Lots-o-family time and LOVIN' in the air
Speaking of hot chocolate... this is what I am currently enjoying as I type this up and my little ones sleep. Life is good.

Photobucket

I've been much better about "living in the moment" since my last post. Writing out my feelings and goals makes me so much more likely to change my ways - I highly recommend this to everyone.

In other news...

Leila Jade got to feed her baby bro for the first time yesterday! And she loved every second of it.

Photobucket

Okay, maybe she didn't love the picture taking part of it...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...