Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Keep Dreamin'

You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream. ~CS Lewis

Time for me to take a moment and reflect back on why I started this blog. And the above quote sums it up pretty nicely. Before I started blogging at the start of this year I felt like I was at a stagnant place in my life. I was working M-F 8a-5p and focusing all my attention on my daughter when I wasn't at work. Sure, I liked my job, but it wasn't anything I was passionate about and it wasn't anything I would define who I am by. And, I loved being a mom to Leila, but at the same time I didn't just want "being a mom" to define me. I felt like I wanted to focus on myself a little more. Okay, that sounds super selfish, right? Well I wasn't thinking it in a selfish way. I was thinking it in more of a "how can I make myself a better, happier person and in turn become a better mother, wife, employee, friend, etc?" As a life long procrastinator and just plain lazy person, I decided I should blog about some of my goals, my dreams to do, and maybe start taking some actions to accomplish them. Thus my second baby (this blog) was born.

As of today, this blog has become much more than what I intentionally wanted it to be. It has become my public diary, my creative outlet, and my family photo album. Sure, maybe I haven't actually accomplished many of my little dreams to do yet, but I'm in no hurry! I've been learning more about myself along the way and meeting lots of new people. I never thought my silly little blog could become an inspiration to others, so I am thrilled and honored when I receive random emails that it has done just that. And THAT, my friends, is more than I ever could have dreamed of back at the start of this year.

As my 28th birthday quickly approaches, I'm not really stressing about getting closer to 30. Whereas last year when I turned 27 I was terrified for some reason! Now I realize I am still super young and I truly believe that we are "NEVER too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream" AND actually DO IT. But, I also realize that having two children does make it a little more tricky. :-)

1 comment:

  1. A lovely heartfelt post. I can relate to many things you mentioned. I love blogging because for me it's a creative outlet with no editor in site!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...