The first snow is always exciting. It signals that we're just a hop, skip, and a jump away from the holidays. It makes scarf & boot wearing not only fashionably appropriate, but also essential. And the best part is the sparkle it ignites in children's eyes.
Okay, now for a funny story. These photos were taken after the first innocent sprinkling of snow. The next day, Monday, we got a few inches more. I woke up to big fluffy flakes falling from the sky and instead of my normal feelings of dread for the treacherous driving conditions and bone chilling cold, I felt down right jolly. I was singing Christmas songs while getting ready for work (usually a big NO NO for me - not until after Thanksgiving!) because I just felt that excited about winter and Christmas and all things cozy and happy. So, I get in our car feeling good and proceed to drive down our street very carefully, aware that we had failed to put our snow tires on yet. A few blocks later, I found myself sliding sideways down the hill. Luckily, I regained control and was able to park the car on the side of the street. And even more luckily, it was a day that the hubby was home with the kids and they weren't with me.
Anyway, I ended up walking 4 blocks back home up hill to get our other car (the better one). Of course Andy couldn't find his keys to come get me and take me to work - HA!. I walked home cursing the snow and winter the whole way, while the wet falling flakes ruined my perfectly curled hair. I couldn't help but laugh at the whole situation by the time I got to work nearly a half an hour late. :-)
Snow, glorious snow.
For fun, I looked up my "First Snow" post from last year and Landon was just a newborn and Leila was still so little! I feel like I just wrote that post - time just flies! Check it out HERE.
I'll just enjoy your pretty pictures from afar and hope the snow stays away from NC for a while. Not that it snows very often here anyway, but if/when it does, I'd prefer it to wait until closer to Christmas :) Snow just means that it's *that* much colder outside and I hate being cold :) But those boots look like they definitely keep your feet warm. Cute!
ReplyDeleteThe snow looks so beautiful!!! I miss it so much sometimes... but then I read your story about the car and the slipping... and I miss it just a little less! ;) It has its pros and cons I suppose. I would just like one day of snow.
ReplyDeleteIsn't it crazy how quickly a year just flies by!? Scary!!
No way, you already got snow! How close are you to the pass? I did notice the other day that it looked like Mt. Baker was getting dumped on. I am excited for Hayes to get to experience snow.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh I am SO incredibly jealous! I want to live someplace where it snows! We get like, maybe one snow a year, and it's usually just a tiny bit. It's seriously still in the 70s here. Garbage! But I hope you guys are enjoying it :)
ReplyDelete