"Time = life; therefore, waste your time and waste of your life, or master your time and master your life. ~ Alan Lakein
As you become and adult, and even more so when you become a parent, life morphs into a careful game of time management. It's all about finding the balance between work and play while taking care of your family and yourself. This requires a little bit of give and take.
Last week a Bar Method studio opened up down the street from my work (you may remember that I talked a little about it here). I purchased a 45 day unlimited class pass and I've taken 4 classes so far. And guess what? I love LOVE love it! (Crossing off another Dream To Do right now!) If you have the opportunity to try out a Bar Method class, I highly recommend it. They are a little bit spendy, but SO worth it. I swear my bum is already firmer and more "lifted." :-)
So, in order to fit some fitness into my life I've had to make some sacrifices. I'm taking the classes on my lunch breaks - a time when I normally blog or run errands or tidy up the house. Because of this, our pile of laundry is out of control (but, isn't it always?) and my blogging and blog reading has fallen behind a little. I'm staying up a little bit later at night and getting less sleep to make up for this. But, I still feel great and know that my body is screaming THANK YOU to me.
Every day I feel like I'm getting closer to mastering the art of time management in my life. It is all about experimenting and finding a balance that works for you and your family. Your schedule doesn't have to be consistent, it just has to work.
You are sooo good to work out!! I have NO motivation...lol. The thought of doing any exercise makes me want to put on my sweat pants and curl up on the couch. Unfortunately, i'm the exact same way when i'm NOT prego, haha!
ReplyDeleteMe too! I actually don't have an athletic bone in my body (I still feel anxiety when I think back to getting picked last for everything in grade school PE). I was just starting to feel a little bit down and super tired all the time and I decided I HAD TO do something about it. I'm feeling better already. :) These Bar classes are the first excercise related thing that I've actually really enjoyed and looked forward to each day!
ReplyDeleteThere's a Barre 3 opening up about 15 minutes from me (I believe it's similar to the bar method, a mix of ballet and pilates?) and I can't wait to sign up and I just signed up for prenatal yoga classes. It would be so fun to take classes together.
ReplyDelete