Monday, November 19, 2012

Full Plate

No, I'm not talking about the plate full of amazingness that I'm going to be stuffing my face with in a couple of days. (Although, I can't wait for that!) I'm talking about the full plate that is my life right now.

A schedule full of work & life to-dos. The list is never ending.
A head full of Christmas ideas, blog posts, thoughts on the new year & turning 29.
A heart full of thanksgiving, yet heavy with sadness.


Life is funny (in a not-so-funny way most of the time). It seems like I always find myself stretched to the max around this time of year. The days seem so much shorter and I feel like I'm losing time to get stuff done. I am so jacked up on holiday happiness and excitement (& maybe a few too many peppermint mochas) that my level of focus is almost non-existent. My work load in the office seems to triple while my attention span seizes to exist. The irony in life strikes when the happiest time of the year comes crashing down with family circumstances beyond my control. All I want to do is curl up by the fire with a mug of hot cocoa and a good book. But in reality, I'm lucky if I get to push aside the growing pile of laundry on the couch and veg out to a half an hour of crap TV.

There are chores to do.
Papers to file.
Kids to feed.
A dog to walk.
Gifts to buy.
Prayers to say.
People to meet with.
Parties to plan.
Dreams to do.


And not enough minutes in the day.

But ya know what? This week is Thanksgiving! And I'm going to give LOTS of thanks and I'm going to relax! I'm going to take some much needed deep breaths. I'm planning another 100 Things I'm Thankful For post for Wednesday and that'll be it from me for this week. You should join me!

Photobucket

Side Note: The above pic was taken last weekend at Sears. I know that last time we got pics there I said I would NEVER pay for department store photos again, but I bought a killer Groupon deal. Needless to say, now I promise that we will NOT be returning to Sears for pics. Ever! Awful experience and this was the only decent photo.

Another Side Note: The winner of the $50 credit to MailPix.com is CLAIRE! YAY! YAY! YAY! I'll be emailing ya, girl. Thanks for entering!

8 comments:

  1. You continue to amaze me, on the daily. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sybil @ Peace it all TogetherNovember 19, 2012 at 9:20 PM

    Just wrote a post about the craziness of life, too. It really does seem like things get even crazier this time of year. I agree with you about department store photos. Haven't done those in over four years for photos. Will never do it again! At least you got one good photo out of deal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this time of year can be so stressful for so many people. It is such a joyous time, yet we are put under so much pressure to buy gifts and plan and prepare and decorate and make crafts and bake and all that along with the stressors of regular life. It is tough. Living here, we (and others) don't do gifts for Christmas and everything feels much more relaxed than in North American at this time of year. I do decorate a bit and try to get some extra baking in, but also try to keep it as low stress as possible in order to focus on the moments. I love the idea of 100 things we're thankful for. This year we are oddly enough celebrating American Thanksgiving for the second year in a row so I am in the Thankgiving spirit this week, even as a Canadian who should have celebrated in October. So thankful for so much. Try to soak up all those amazing moments this week and not let the stress get to you too much. I know it is a lot. 

    Sorry the Sears photos didn't turn out as you hoped. The one good one is lovely though. It helps you are such a good looking family!! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your, once again, very encouraging words! And great advice! Wish I could escape to the DR right about now. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be joining you on a 4+ year stretch of no more department store photos. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not as much as you amaze me! Strongest gal I know. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't tell you how much I love and relate to this post. The lack of focus around this time of year is such a big thing for me too. Not only a lack of focus on all the things that need to get done, but a lack of focus on what this time of year really means *in spite of* all the things that need to be done. I have such a desire to simplify and re-prioritize so I don't get so overwhelmed with the holiday hustle and bustle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tot Shots all the way.... We left Sears for them. THey are up north the two ladys that run it are down to earth take time kind and enjoy there job....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...