Pre-labor, also called "prodromal labor," consists of the early signs before labor starts. It is the body's preparation for real labor. Prodromal labor has been misnamed as “false labor." Prodromal labor begins much as traditional labor but does not progress to the birth of the baby.
Courtesy of Wikipedia
Last night around 9pm I thought "maybe this is it!" After 20 minutes of 5-minute-apart uncomfortable contractions, I was getting excited. But I knew they had to keep up for at least an hour before I could really get excited. And they did. Every 5-6 minutes like clockwork another one would kick in, lasting around 1 minute in length. They weren't strong enough to take my breath away, but they definitely weren't just plain ole braxton hicks. By 10pm exhaustion took over and I decided to hit the hay. I figured that if I couldn't sleep through them, then maybe it was time to head to the hospital. Long story short... I was up off and on until 3am with the suckers. They were coming every 5-10 minutes until that time. And then... they just stopped.
At least I slept ok from 3-6am.
When I got in the shower at 6:15 to get ready for work, I was angry. But at the same time I was grateful that I didn't rush to the hospital just to get sent home for "false labor." I just feel like I'm going crazy now!
Maybe I should have just taken my doc up on the offer to get induced this weekend. This waiting game is killing me. I am so uncomfortable and super scared because I know it could happen at any minute! And my biggest fear? That I'm going to have a SUPER fast labor and won't have time to get an epidural by the time I make it to the hospital. I'm just a big baby when it comes to pain.
Come on little man! Let's do this! No more fake-outs. Time to get down to business and make your grand debut.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!