"Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success." - Brian AdamsMy baby belly self portrait...
The waiting game begins. Today I realized I am really ready for baby boy to arrive. I've pretty much wrapped things up at work and sure, the house could be cleaner, but I don't really care anymore. I just want to meet my little man.
Time to master the art of patience.
I had my FINAL OB appointment today. Total pregnancy weight gain = 33 lbs and I'm happy with that. And guess what? I'm 3 cm dilated! I know this really doesn't mean much, but the fact that I didn't dilate at all on my own with Leila gives me hope that this baby will choose his own birthday. And if he doesn't? We scheduled an induction for the 21st (just in case). Doc thinks he'll be here before then, though. I hope so!
Tick-Tock. Tick-Tock.
So exciting!!! And just know that if you do have to be induced, the fact that you're already dilated means it *should* be a quicker/easier process! Sending labor vibes your way :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Becky! Yeah, I don't really mind being induced... I just want to experience real contractions without pitocin! That stuff is intense. :-)
ReplyDelete