Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Calm Before the Storm

“Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” - Rabindranath Tagore
Photobucket

Nope, no baby yet. But, I'm okay with it. I think I'm experiencing the calm before the storm. Enjoying moments of quiet time (or not so quiet time with Leila) before my world is briefly turned upside down during the adjusting-to-having-a-newborn-and-toddler time period.

Mentally I feel good...and ready. Physically I'm quite uncomfortable, but it could always be worse. Today was my last day at work. Tomorrow (if baby doesn't come) I will enjoy one last day alone with my darling Leila - as a mommy of one. It will be bittersweet. I plan on savoring each second with her and devoting all of my attention her way. And, of course, we will talk a lot about how baby brother will be here on Friday.

I'm so looking forward to seeing how my smiley little girl reacts to meeting her baby bro for the first time.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stay tuned. I promise to keep you updated once the storm hits. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...