Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Fall in love with Fall

"Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather." - John Ruskin
Photobucket

Okay, so maybe the above quote is a bit of a stretch, but you know I love trying to be optimistic! I tend to be one of those people who the weather affects emotionally. That is, the dark and dreary days of Fall & Winter can often lead me into a bit of seasonal depression. Nothing serious really, just a little case of the dumps.

So, instead of letting today's gloomy, low, wet skies bring me down (and the fact that it is starting to get dark WAY too early), I am choosing to focus on and embrace what I love about this season!
  • Pumpkin Spice Lattes (okay, really anything pumpkin flavored)
  • Socks, boots, & the occasional scarf
  • Colorful leaves
  • The crackle & smell of our first fire
  • Casseroles
  • Crappy weather = easier to hunker in and focus on work
  • Snuggles without sticking to each other and/or getting heat stroke
  • Seasonal decorations
  • My Fall baby is almost here!
Bit by bit I am falling more and more in love with Fall. What's your favorite thing about this season?

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I all but gave up my occasional Starbucks habit when I got pregnant with Lorelai to cut out the caffeine and then later to save money (those bad boys are $$$!) but those pumpkin spice lattes have been calling my name and begging me to order whenever we shop at Target. I'm a sucker for them!

    Have you seen the easy pumpkin muffin recipe that's been floating around pinterest? http://pinterest.com/pin/176452304/

    I'm going to have to give those a try soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for shared!! !! Also, I thought you mom's may be interested in the newest kids craze in my town, Patch Hats! Check out a hat you have never seen before here at www.patchhats.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...