Monday, October 3, 2011

38 weeks

Whoa baby! I am large & in charge!

Photobucket

Pregnancy tid-bits for this week...

  • Only 2 weeks to go (if even)! I am just in shock. Utter shock.
  • At 36 weeks I mentioned that I had lost a few pounds and was actually smaller than I was with Leila at that time. Well... I made up for it. Gained a good 7 lbs. in 2 weeks... cool, huh?
  • Last night I was awoken 2-3 times with uncomfortable contractions. Does that mean anything? I don't think so. I've felt pretty good all day today with minor braxton hicks.
  • With so much pressure on my stomach now it is getting hard for me to eat a lot. The appetite is still there, so I've been getting myself into trouble. I will pig out and then 20 minutes later all I want to do is puke it all up. I just feel soooooooo bloated. And the acid reflux? I won't even go there.
  • I'm scared. I know I've mentioned this before, but I'm even more nervous than I was at this point in the pregnancy with Leila. I was clueless last time. Now I know the pain I'm going to go through during L&D and I know how hard it is to have a newborn. And I don't know what it's like to have a toddler and a newborn, which is even scarier. God grant me the strength...
  • So, I really want to make it to my due date. I have so much to wrap up at work and at home before he gets here. BUT, I am super excited for my due date weekend. I am due on a Sunday and I plan on being active ALL weekend and doing everything I can to induce labor naturally. It's exciting! I really want to experience going into labor naturally this time (but I still want the epi!).
That's all I got for now. Sorry for my lame blogging lately. Not gonna lie, I may be pretty pathetic for a while. Wish me luck keeping this baby up once little man gets here! I will try my best, though.

2 comments:

  1. You look great! If it's any consolation, I was more freaked out the second and third times around, too. During my pregnancy and anticipating l&d, I was more worried that something would go wrong, and I knew how hard it was to have a newborn (ignorance was bliss the first time). That said, the actual parenting a newborn even with older kids went way better than I anticipated. Having a toddler plus a newborn is way easier than having a newborn for the first time (IMHO).

    I can't wait to hear the good news! You might remember I'm a sucker for birth stories so you better write everything down so you don't forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Becky! This makes me feel so much better. I'm sure everything will be great, I just have the typical nerves it sounds like. And I promise to write up a good birth story once he gets here! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...