I successfully got all of the kiddos' laundry put away and realized that Leila's episode of Dora should have been over a while ago. I expected her to come interrupt my hard work right after it was over, requesting a snack (even though she just had dinner) or another show or a piggy-back ride. When I realized she hadn't came up and bugged me yet, I called down to her. No answer. So, I went downstairs and found this:
My sleeping beauty...
A huge smile spread across my face and I ran out of the room to find the camera. My girl falling asleep on the couch may not seem like a huge deal, but this girl NEVER falls asleep anywhere besides her bed or occasionally her car seat. And she just looked SO darn cute!
So basically, the feelings of happiness that were bursting inside me earlier now multiplied. I had my extra-smiley baby boy clinging to me and my beautiful princess asleep on the couch. I just felt SO blessed for these two AWESOME gifts I had been given.
I let her sleep for a couple more minutes and then decided to wake her so she wouldn't be up all night. I put Landon down and then gathered Leila up in my arms. As I maneuvered my arm under her behind I felt wetness. I looked down on the couch to find a HUGE wet spot. At that point I just had to laugh it off.
Two lessons I learned from this:
- Don't put it past God to humble you when you least expect it.
- If you're gonna buy a ridiculously expensive velvet couch when you have kids...1) you're probably an idiot like me & 2) put something down on it before your kiddo sits down.
Hahaha! Thanks for the laugh :) Sucks about your couch though!
ReplyDeleteOh man, that is a high high and a low low! She is super cute though so that makes up for it, right?
ReplyDeleteAwww! So true about the humbling part. Sometimes it feels like our bubble is being burst- but it is just reality :)
ReplyDelete