Tuesday, April 24, 2012

There's just something about sunshine.

It never ceases to amaze me how a little change in the weather can bring about such a huge change in my outlook on life. The glass is always half full when the first tastes of summer hit my hometown. This past weekend we had some freakishly warm-for-April weather. A few more pairs of flip flops came out of hiding, I got to show off my Vegas tan a little, I opted for iced coffee over hot, and my little Landon Drew got his hands on some lush, green grass for the very first time.

Photobucket

I love me some sunshine! Sunshine = Happiness. There are really on 2 things that I don't like about it... 1) skin cancer, 2) it draws me outside and away from the piles of laundry that still haunt my house. Oh yeah, haven't touched any of it in days. But, the glass is half full baby! I know it'll get done eventually (I'll be forced to do something when my kiddos are rocking their birthday suits because there's nothing clean to wear).

Photobucket

Photobucket

Yesterday I had a mid-day presentation outside of the office. On the way back, my co-worker and I made a detour at the liquor store (shhhhh...don't tell our boss). Now, I'm not really much of a drinker, but there's just something about 80 degree weather that screams for a mojito. So, last night I got to enjoy a refreshing beverage on our back porch while the hubby BBQ'd and the kiddos rolled around in the grass. Heaven, I say.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Is Summer approaching where you are? What's your fave thing about the sun?

6 comments:

  1. Yum yum yum, love mojitos. I grow my own mint for the sole purpose of mojitos :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike has the exact same shirt that Landon is wearing...well, actually, it's my shirt now...it shrunk big time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy has that shirt, too! I've been meaning to get a pic of him and Landon wearing it at the same time, but it has yet to happen. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just inspired me to make my own mojito. That looks ah-mazing!
    And don't even get my started on those adorable little pigtails :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I forgot to mention that I used Malibu Rum to make the mojito this time (instead of plain ole rum) and it turned out AMAZING! I bet other flavors would be good, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...