Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Malibu Mojito Recipe

So, ya know how I talked about making mojitos in my last post? Well, I totally forgot to mention that I changed things up a bit this time and used Malibu Coconut Rum instead of the plain ole stuff. It ROCKED my world! Thought I'd share with you how I make a quick single serve mojito. Warning: I don't believe in measuring things.

mojito

Ingredients:
  • Malibu Coconut Rum
  • Club Soda
  • Lime
  • Some mint leaves
  • Sugar
  • A straw (to avoid drinking the mint leaves)
Photobucket

What ya do:
  • Cut your lime up in slices and squeeze them into a fancy glass (I swear it tastes better if it is in a pretty cup). For the glass pictured above, I used 1/2 a lime. Drop the squeezed out slices into the glass.
  • Tear up a bunch of mint leaves (as many as you see fit) and drop those in the glass, too.
  • Sprinkle some sugar on top. Just sprinkle a little bit - you can always add more at the end if it isn't sweet enough for you. I prefer a less sugary mojito, but you can make yours as sweet as you'd like.
  • Now the fun part! Mash it all together! We own a bad ass tool that is made specifically for muddling (it was a stocking stuffer for my hubby - you can buy it on amazon HERE for $9!), but you can easily use a spoon or fork, or the handle of a spatula, or your own fingers.
  • Pour in the Malibu Rum. Again, no measuring here for me. I just eye it. It will depend on the size of your glass/how strong you want your drink.
  • Muddle it all together one more time.
  • Add ice.
  • Fill the rest of your glass with club soda.
  • Try your drink & tweak as needed. Not sweet enough? Add more sugar. Too strong? Add more club soda. You get the idea.
  • ENJOY! Preferably with your feet kicked up and the sun hitting your face.
Photobucket

You can also enjoy a virgin mojito if you aren't a drinker! When I was preggo, I would just use 7-up or Sprite and add lime and mint. Super refreshing!

1 comment:

  1. I love these!  I'll have to try your virgin version...seeing as I'm 4 months preg!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...