Monday, February 14, 2011

Love is in the air...

Happy Valentine's Day!

Photobucket
Please don't judge my messy face, just my cuteness!

Ahhhh, a day dedicated to love. Gotta "love" it! Me and Valentine's Day have had our ups and downs... from days where a bag of cutesy character cards hung off the back of my gradeschool desk to days where I cried when my boyfriend didn't buy me flowers to days, like today, where I look at my daughter and husband and see pure love and know that nothing else matters. That is what Valentine's Day is really about. It's about seeing and experiencing and sharing LOVE. I am such a lover of love! Cheeseball me.

As for my Valentine's Day 2011, it really wasn't anything extraordinary. I worked. I had a fab lunch with my bestie work girlfriends (at a romantic Italian restaurant!). I picked up my Leila love from daycare and have spent the rest of my evening playing with her, cooking a delicious dinner with my wonderful hubby, and just relaxing. Actually, it was perfection. Andy and I decided a couple of years ago to forget about the flowers and the jewelry and the junk of Valentine's Day and just focus on eachother. And it is worth it! (No stress in buying a gift or wondering what he'll do for me... just extra time with eachother)

Enough of the day. You are probably wondering how progress is coming on my little quilt. Not gonna lie...haven't even touched it. The fabric is still laying on the desk just like the photo in the previous post. BUT, it WILL get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...