Friday, February 18, 2011

Sleep Training the Beast: It all starts tonight!

Maybe. I really do plan on attempting to get the pillow hog to sleep in her crib all night tonight, but here's the deal... I love snuggling her and I don't want to make her cry! She's my baby! It tears me up inside when she cries so hard she can barely breathe (especially when she is crying "Mama! Mama!" between big sobs). So, the plan (or lack there of) is to NOT go and grab her out of her crib at the first sound of a whimper. We will go in and lay her back down. And then go in and lay her back down. And then do it again until HOPEFULLY she will fall back to sleep. Ahhhh, it sounds so easy when put that way. But I know it will be hell. And the reason for the "maybe" at the start of this post is because, in all honesty, I don't know how I'm going to react in my half asleep state in the middle of the night. I don't know how strong I will really be. And part of me maybe feels that I don't want to get her to sleep in her own bed. Part of me just loves having her close and being able to kiss her cheek in the wee morning hours. But, the other part of me knows that I don't want her to double in size and still be hogging my pillow. I guess it is better to train the beast now.

But how can I bear to hurt this precious creature?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh, you will be getting an update on our first night tomorrow!

In other news, our older car (my first car I got when I was like 16) was broken into the other night. Sad, right? Funny thing is that NOTHING was taken or broken or anything. They just got in the car, smoked a few packs of ciggs, and left. We just have a nasty smelling car now. Just thought I'd leave you with that little enjoyable tid-bit.

Happy weekend! TGIF! (except for me who will get hardly any sleep tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...