That is a beautiful photo of my Leila Jade, lying on the floor in a broken frame. I spent a good chunk of time today FINALLY getting this picture matted and framed and hung on the wall. After it was hung, I literally turned around to grab the camera (so I could share my work with you here on this little ole blog) and it fell to the floor and broke. Thank goodness the glass didn't shatter! I was soooo frustrated, though! So, Andy and I went out and bought a new frame (a much sturdier one) and here's what we have now:
There is just something about that pouty face that melts my heart. Sure we have tons of smiley pics of her, but this is the classic Leila face. I could just eat her up for dinner.
Besides dealing with a ridiculous amount of laundry, wiping Leila's snotty nose (yes, she has yet ANOTHER cold), and watching the Super Bowl (Go Packers!), we also got out on a wonderful, sunny family walk to the park! Check it out:
Warning: I will never get sick of taking photos of branches against a blue sky.
A lone skater on our frozen park pond...
My beauty playing in the park...
So, even among the craziness of dirty underwear and gameday junk food, we found the time to relax as a family. And it was wonderful. I heart the weekend.
As for my promise to figure out what to tackle next on the dream list, I want you to know that I ventured out to Hobby Lobby for the first time today. And it was closed. BUT, I DID go to the fabric store and buy some cute fabrics for a little test run quilt. Probably just something for Leila to wrap her dolls in. Ultimately, I would LOVE to make a large patchwork family quilt full of bright, colorful, random patterns and bits and pieces of special clothing from each of us... something I can pass down through the generations. I'm sure this will end up being a long work-in-progress type of project, but it will get done eventually. Stay tuned...
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!