Saturday, February 19, 2011

Sleep Training The Beast: FAIL

Last night was a joke. I lasted maybe 40 minutes with Leila crying and putting her back down and crying, etc. until I couldn't take it anymore. I bundled her up in my arms and snuggled her up in our bed until we were both sound asleep. And I don't regret it. Andy and I talked about it and neither of us are really willing to let her scream all night when, for now at least, we sleep perfectly fine with her in our bed (minus the occasional Pillow Hog episode). So, we may end up with a child in our bed for the next several years. But ya know what? I was the same as Leila. I woke up in the middle of the night and crawled in bed with my parents until I was probably about 6 years old. They never once said I wasn't allowed to sleep with them. Eventually I just decided I would rather be in my own bed all night. And I turned out just fine! (jury is still out on that one I guess... he he!)

So, tonight we will resume our routine: Leila down in her crib around 7:30pm, Leila cries out for us around midnight, Mommy (or Daddy) stumbles down hall to get Leila, then we all sleep peacefully until 7am-ish. And life is still good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...