Thursday, February 24, 2011

My first snow day with my daughter!

And by snow day I mean over a foot of the white fluffy stuff causing cancellation of Leila's "school" which forces me to stay at home with her all day. Poor me! :-)

We have had the BEST day! Lounging and eating and playing briefly in the friggid temps out in the powdery goodness. Funny that I was dogging the snow yesterday, huh? Well, when it allows me the most perfect excuse of staying home from work and bonding with my daugher, I am loving it! Me and snow are like BFFs now.

Wanna know what I love about this pic? Leila's precious little mouth saying, "Snow!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

Poor Billy...the snow was up past his belly and he had a heck of a time finding the right spot to potty.
Photobucket

Wanna know my fave part of the day? Leila went down for a good 2.5 hour nap and I lounged on my bed and watched some Baby Story on TLC. (No, that's not my fave part, this is...) Right at the end of an episode as a baby popped out and the mom and dad were crying with joy, I lost it. Got all teary eyed and weepy. Then I heard my precious say "Mama" from down the hall, ran and scooped her up, she gave me the hugest smiles, we ran back to my room, jumped back in bed and snuggled together. She was so happy and giggly and cuddly...I loved every second of it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

In a way I got a little teeny weeny taste of life as a stay at home mom. Now I know it really is much harder than my day was today, but if it could even be half that good 50% of the time, sign me up. This just gives me more motivation to tackle my dream of finding something I can do from home to make a little $ and be able to spend more time with my funny girl. The fire is a burning!

Oh, I must leave you with one last pic! Now I know you probably don't care to see my feet again after the last post, but this one captures the color a little better (and my mini-me feet, too!):

Photobucket

Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...