Thursday, December 8, 2011

Fun in the kitchen?

In our house the kitchen is my hubby's domain. Kitchen & I aren't too close. I don't really care much for her and I don't think she cares much for me. However, since starting this blog I have been "trying" to cook more. And the other day my hubby went ahead and purchased this beauty (and I think he may even love her more than me):

Photobucket

Lovely isn't she? Well, she's been eyeing me the last few days, so I finally decided to give her a try. So while Andy was at work and I was home alone with the kiddos, I decided to bust out a batch of Christmas sugar cookies (geez, I make it sound like it was easy - ha!). Needless to say, Kitchen Aid did make the job much easier (and kinda fun) but our kitchen ended up a disaster and the process took FOREVER with the kiddos distracting me.

Leila "helped" me...
Photobucket

Photobucket

The buttery goodness baking away...
Photobucket

The finished product!
Photobucket

Okay, maybe they aren't the most beautiful cookies ever made, but you try frosting and decorating cookies while entertaining a 2 year old and holding an infant in one arm! They are DELICIOUS, though! I found the recipe via my newest BFF, Pinterest, of course! And I highly recommend it... you can find the recipe I followed HERE.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In other news... my little ole blog was selected as a winner of eCollegeFinder's Top 115 Parenting Blogs Award! You can check out the list of winners HERE. I'm pretty excited about it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...