Monday, December 26, 2011

We had a holly, jolly Christmas...

The post present opening disaster...
Photobucket

Oh wait, let me start at the beginning. First off, I just downloaded the few pics I ended up taking yesterday and I must say that I am very disappointed. I was so caught up in the moments of Christmas day that I really didn't capture any great pics. Oh well. I have great memories in my mind that I will cherish forever.

It was magical. Having a child who understands what is going on and living vicariously through her excitement is the greatest gift of all! Seeing Leila's face as we came downstairs first thing in the morning and checked out all of the loot that Santa brought was priceless. She loved every second of Christmas day.

Christmas morning - before the destruction began...
Photobucket

My little family...
Photobucket

Soooooooooo happy!
Photobucket

This Christmas was extra special (and a tiny bit bittersweet) because it was my very first Christmas morning EVER away from my parents' house. Every previous year I have awoken early in my hometown and opened presents with my parents, Andy's parents, etc. But this year we chose to do our own Christmas morning at home and then make the drive out to the country for the rest of Christmas day. Words can't explain... it was very special.

The drive to our hometown...
Photobucket

Merry Christmas little dear!
Photobucket

The one and only pic taken of me yesterday (blah!)...
Photobucket

I am a little bit sad today because we didn't take one family photo together. And the above pic is the only one that I'm even in! Oh well. Life goes on. And I wouldn't change a thing about my first special Christmas with my family of four.

How was your day? Did ya get any good gifts? ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...