Sunday, December 11, 2011

Shout out to all you SAHMs out there!

To all you stay-at-home mommas I say, "YOU GO GIRL!" You by far have the toughest job of them all and don't usually get the credit you deserve. I wish I could give all of you a big fatty Christmas bonus this year!

This past week has really tested my SAH momma capabilities. For the past 2 years I've lived life as a working momma. And I thought that was tough. And it is tough! But it is tough in a completely different way than staying at home all day with your kiddos.

Andy took on some extra hours at work this week. He already works 10 hour days, so those days that I'm home with both Leila and Landon all day are not easy. I do breakfast, lunch, nap time, dinner, baths, and sometimes even bedtime all by myself. And them I'm up throughout the night feeding little Lando. Add in nasty winter colds on top of it all and you get one seriously tired and sometimes cranky momma.

I knew staying at home would never be easy and I never thought that SAHMs had it easy. But actually experiencing it first hand with 2 little ones has made my appreciation for all the SAHMs out there grow ten fold. It has also made me question what I want. The thought of working full time and being away from both of my children for more hours than I get with them makes me sick to my stomach. But, working makes me a better mom. This past week I have lost my patience with Leila a couple of times and turned into the monster mom I never wanted to be. And it makes me feel guilty. But so does working. Tough situation.

In the end it is all about what is best for them. And that's what I need to figure out...

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...