Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Suck it up!

Last night was rough. It was one of those nights that every parent has to deal with now and then. When your kiddo is sick. Leila woke up around midnight and got in bed with us like she usually does. But, she was so congested that she just kept whining and tossing and turning and couldn't fall asleep. When we would finally get her to fall back to sleep she'd wake up maybe a half an hour later crying. Poor thing was just miserable. And amidst dealing with her, I also had to deal with Landon. So, I was nursing him at 3am while Leila was clinging to my side whining, "Mommy, Mommy, lay down Mommy." I ended up with just a few hours of light sleep. It was a rough one.

So, I woke up this morning grouchy to say the least. Negativity was getting the best of me. I was thinking, "today is going to suck." Hubby had to work and it was just gonna be me against the two beasts. At one point this morning, tears started welling up in my eyes when both kids were crying and I felt like I wasn't going to make it. But then I said to myself...

SUCK IT UP ARIEL!

I stopped, took a deep breath, and went into action mode. I plopped Leila in front of the TV while I got Landon to calm down and go to sleep. Then I decided to shower so that I would feel better. But, how do people shower with a toddler and baby in the house alone? Since Landon was sleeping I just had Leila take a shower with me... and she thought it was the greatest thing! Since that shower my day has done a 180. Landon slept for 2 hours while Leila played doctor and watched Toy Story. Meanwhile I got our crock pot dinner going and played doctor myself to Leila's beloved bear blankie, sewing her arm back on and fixing her seams.

Bear Blankie has been through a lot in her short 2 years of life...
Photobucket

My poor little sicko and her BFF...
Photobucket

Anyhow, now both kiddos are sleeping and I am getting a few minutes of relaxation in. It isn't easy being a parent. And there are many moments like early this morning when I almost reach my breaking point. BUT, somehow I manage to suck it up and plow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...