Friday, December 28, 2012

2013 can't get here fast enough!

To say I've had a terrible week would be an understatement. And considering it's the week of Christmas, I'm sure I am one of few who is complaining. Let me just summarize the last few days for you - this should explain my lack of blogging and motivation...
  • I get the stomach flu on Christmas day, so Christmas for me is pretty much non-existent.
  • I have to go to work the day after Christmas, still feeling like crap.
  • Recovering from sickness, I've been going to bed early which is resulting in our house STILL looking like a disaster zone from the 15 people we hosted for Christmas Eve dinner. I'm serious!
  • Last night everything that could go wrong, did... Landon pooped in the bath and tried to eat it, I stubbed my toe, Leila peed a puddle on the living room floor for no reason, the toilet overflowed a TON in our bathroom which then leaked through the floor down onto a basket of freshly cleaned laundry. Oh, and then Andy spilled a glass of water on me in bed. It's so bad it's almost humorous. Almost.
Seems a little surreal, huh? No lie, when it rains it pours.

So, instead of my usual happy-end-of-the-year New Years resolutions post, I am just wanting 2013 to hurry up and get here already. Not gonna lie, I was less-than-impressed with 2012. I pretty much failed in the resolutions department and nothing spectacular happened.

Ok, end negativity.

Photobucket
Yes, I am crazy. Never claimed that I wasn't! :)

2013! My year for change and challenge! I plan on embracing 2013 with open arms and excitement. I love a new year because I really view it as a clean slate - a chance to start over fresh and make things happen. This year in lieu of resolutions (since I suck at them), I am planning on focusing on HAPPINESS. What makes me happy? What makes my family happy? What makes those around me happy? And hopefully I will accomplish a whole lotta dream doing, too. :-)

Wishing you all a most wonderful and joyous New Year! Let's party!

8 comments:

  1. LOL, honestly - the past week has not been great for us either. I'm so ready for 2012 to be OVER!!!! That picture made me laugh out loud. haha...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you are having a crappy week, too! We are almost there! Glad that the photo brightened your day a little. :-) That's what I was shooting for! I need some humor in my life right about now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! I am sorry. That does sound horrible. Cheers to 2013 being an awesome year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no!!! :( I am so sorry you had such an awful week. That truly sucks. I really hope this week has been better so far and 2013 is getting very very close!!! I hope it starts out wonderfully for you. I too am excited about a new year and a clean slate! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no!!! :( I am so sorry you had such an awful week. That truly sucks. I really hope this week has been better so far and 2013 is getting very very close!!! I hope it starts out wonderfully for you. I too am excited about a new year and a clean slate! :) 

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness!!! Seriously girl, that sounds awful! Here's hoping the new year starts off MUCH better! And I love the idea of focusing on happiness rather than making a resolution...I seriously suck at keeping them. I couldn't even tell you what mine were last year.
    Happy New Year to you and your little family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am happy to report that I'm doing MUCH better! Super excited for the new year and knowing that it's going to be a great one! :-) HAPPY NEW YEAR to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things are definitely looking up! :-) I'm over the hump of horrible and in a much better place. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...