Being sick can sometimes be a blessing in disguise. Sure, it sucks. But it forces us to take it easy whether we like it or not. It forces us to just be still for once. Today, I spent a good 2+ hours today drifting in and out of sleep alone in our king size bed while HGTV played in the background. Despite the dizziness and pounding headache, it was heavenly. I don't even remember when the last time I was able to do that was.
After dozing for a while I was able to join my family downstairs for some extra bonding time. It doesn't hurt to get sick on a day when your hubby is off and home with the kids. We ate popsicles, watched lots of TV, colored, and then lounged around some more. Heavenly I'm telling ya.
Now, I'm feeling a little bit better. The cold is still killing me, but my mind is clear and well rested. Today I am grateful for time with my family, a warm home, a flexible work environment, kleenex, chicken noodle soup, and a husband who takes care of me. Life is so good sometimes it hurts.
Billy dog was my lil caretaker in bed this afternoon. Grateful for alone time with him, too.
Would have been much better if it was a "sick" day...those really are the best :) But I'm glad you were able to rest and I hope you feel all better soon!
ReplyDeleteSorry you aren't feeling well, but your day actually sounds quite lovely :) And what a cute pup you have!
ReplyDeleteThe same thing happened to me. I threw Hayes 2 first birthday parties over the weekend, and when I was done, I was down for the count. I stayed home Monday and Tuesday alone! It was amazing I slept pretty much all day. I went and picked up Hayes from my mom's at about 3pm each day. I am thinking it was my bodies way of telling me to slow down.
ReplyDelete