Friday, December 14, 2012

Heartbroken.

Photobucket

These two. My heart. My soul. My everything.

Right now I am scared for their future. Scared for the things they will grow up knowing. The things I cannot shield their eyes from. I'm scared for who they will meet and for the chance that they could ever end up in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Today I am utterly heartbroken. Heartbroken for the families who lost their heart and their soul in today's shooting.

And I'm angry. Angry that there is so much evil in our world and that it seems to multiply as the years go on. Tragedies like this force me to question everything. Why? Why? Why?

I don't even know what to think or what to feel right now. I'm just trying to focus on prayer and on the fact that there really is more good in this world than evil.
You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty. ~ Mahatma Gandhi

3 comments:

  1. Typing up a similar post as we speak. My brain just can't comprehend the kind of madness and hate and I don't know what else that would compel someone to do unspeakable things like this. :(:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa @ Completely EclipsedDecember 14, 2012 at 7:40 PM

    I've been sick to my stomach all day about the shooting in CT.  Just heartbreaking and scary for what our kids will have to grow up into.  Let's hope their generation gets it right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am feeling the exact same way today. Heartbroken, sad, scared and also so angry. I have to take a break from even reading anymore of the news right now just because my heart is aching too much. I am scared for our world and our children's future. I just can't bare to watch things continue to get worse and worse. I wish there was an easy way to end horrible crimes like this. Just heartbreaking.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...