"Do what you love. Do what makes your heart sing. And never do it for the money. Don't go to work to make money; go to work to spread joy." ~ Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love
One thing that we all have in common is the desire to be happy. A big factor in our happiness is spending our precious time doing things that we love to do and surrounding ourselves with people we love to be around. This is powerful information. This is an easy formula for happiness. Then why is it SO hard for us to do?
For me, I have a super hard time truly believing that if I just focus on doing what I love I will be able to make enough money to be happy. But I keep reading and hearing inspirational stories of people following their hearts and going for their dreams and becoming successful. So, obviously it is doable. But like me, I think so many people just can't grasp this concept. We let the days pass in jobs that we're just content in because we feel stuck - we don't believe in our full potential. Sad stuff.
With a new year just around the corner I plan on working towards just doing what I love - whatever that may be. I want it ingrained in my soul. I want to believe in myself enough to know that doing what makes me happy (& figuring out exactly what that is) will allow everything else in my life to fall into place. I won't be driven by money. I will be driven by passion. Life is too dang short.
Have any of you started thinking about New Years resolutions yet? Personally, I'm over them. I just want to focus on being the best I can be. Does my cheesiness make you sick? I swear I'm not really as mushy gushy as a lot of my writing makes me seem. :-) Ha!
You are right... life IS too dang short!!! :) You should follow your dreams and do what makes you happy. People often say to my husband and I, "Wow, you are so lucky to be doing what you are doing! I wish I could do that." and we think, "You can!!" We don't make a lot of money but we make enough to live happily and we are doing what we love. Yes, we still have tough days but rarely due to our work. We love what we do here but took a huge risk moving here, starting our non-profit, etc. but it all paid off!!
ReplyDeleteI hope you are able to work towards what you truly love and makes you happiest!!
PS - Love you sappiness ;)
Fiona, I seriously cherish your feedback on my blog! This means so much to me. And you are such an inspiration to me. Thank you!
ReplyDelete