Friday, December 7, 2012

Tissue Monster + Happy Chaos

Ready for some random? I hope you said 'Yes' because that's about all I have in me right now.

I got an extra special birthday present this year - a really nasty head cold. I think I've had more head colds this year than the past 10 years combined. I feel like I've been getting sick at least once/month. The joys of having little ones in daycare + an extra weak immune system, I guess.

Last night I turned this negative into a positive. I couldn't contain the snot so I shoved some tissue up each nostril as I was getting Leila ready for bed. She looked at me and started laughing and I said, "Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... I'm the tissue monster!"  She proceeded to scream and run around the house. I had zero energy and felt like I was dying, but I pushed through it - her contagious laughter gave me the boost I needed to chase her down. A super silly-fun moment made possible by Kleenex. No, this is not a sponsored post. Ha!

All in all, I've had a crazy, hectic, dreary, snotty, fun, happy week.  Here's some random goodness from my extraordinary week...
  • A day off work with my fam for my birthday on Monday.
  • Landon has started walking. He still prefers to crawl the majority of the time, but can walk across the room now.
  • This head cold has given me a valid excuse to take it easy. I went to bed early last night and it felt SO good.
  • We stripped Landon down to his diaper and let him go to town on Spaghetti night. Messy fun.
  • We received a super huge package in the mail from my brother who lives in Colorado. It included one birthday present for each of us since he had failed to send anything for Andy, Leila, or Landon's birthday. It felt like a mini Christmas all opening presents together. :-)
  • Christmas tree + Holiday music + Wine = the perfect end to a stressful day at work.
  • I received my spiky gold bracelet that I ordered from GroopDealz in the mail. Stella & Dot has the same bracelet for like 5x $ and I've wanted it forever. Got this one for like $12 from GroopDealz. I have a little bit of an addiction to that site. Just ordered it in silver today. :-/
Photobucket

Hope your week was as good as mine (minus the snot)! :-)

10 comments:

  1. Oooooh, love that bracelet! Thanks for the Groopdealz tip :) Hope you're all better soon, being sick is no fun, especially this time of year when there's so much to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2.  Also, how long did it take to get your bracelet? I'm thinking that's a perfect gift for my SIL but I worry it won't come in time :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you feel better! 
    I also vote that you come visit your brother in Colorado so we can hang out. Selfish much? :) hahaah
    Yayyyyyyyyyyyy walking Landon! 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yucky colds! I think I have one just starting up! I love groopdealz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bracelet took like a week or 2 to get here. However, I'd be wary of ordering a Christmas gift from groopdealz because the deals are usually REALLY good, but the shipping always seems to take a while.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, duh! Next time we head over to CO I will def let you know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Melissa @ Completely EclipsedDecember 7, 2012 at 2:48 PM

    Omg I totally do the same thing with the tissue up the nose.  Sounds like you had a great week, minus the boogers.  And I luvs the bracelet.  

    ReplyDelete
  8.  Ok, I'm seriously in trouble now that I know about groopdealz (um, where have I been?!). I just bought both silver and gold for myself, plus that tangerine one. Merry Christmas to me? LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, sorry you have another cold!! :( Hope you are feeling much better now! Happy belated birthday for Monday!!! Glad you got to have the day off to spend it with your family. Yay for walking, Landon! Very exciting! :) Love the photo of him and the spaghetti mess. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Total adorableness with spaghetti Landon :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...