Wow, I'm 29.
One more year of being in my 20s.
One more year before I consider myself a full-fledged adult.
I have a decision to make...
How will I embrace this day? This year?
And I smiled.
To be honest, I've always dreaded turning 30 for some reason. I feel like when you're in your 20s the world is your oyster - your opportunities are endless and the rest of your life is ahead of you. But in the last few months I've come to realize that life doesn't stop when you turn 30. It is only just beginning. And I'm not even 30 yet! I have one last year to savor my 20s, to appreciate all that I've learned, and all that I've become in this crucial decade of life.
I am SO excited to be 29. I truly have a feeling that 29 is going to be a year of change for me. I'm not entirely sure in what ways, but I know that I will be going out of my 20s with a BANG! I hope you all join me for the ride. :-)
Okay, I'm off to enjoy the last hour of a most-perfect birthday present - some alone time at Starbucks with a good book and my computer. I'm a happy girl today.
Side Note: I remember spending hours and hours in college at Starbucks studying and envying the people who could actually come and sit at Starbucks "just for fun." So nice to actually be at that point in my life. Ha! :-)
Happy Birthday! Hopefully that latte got replaced later in the day with a great big old cocktail (and one for me). Hope you have a great day and an amazing year.
ReplyDeleteYou're right, 30 isn't so bad (once you get over the initial shock, lol!) Enjoy this last year in your 20s and hopefully your 30s will be even better!! I love that you got to go have quiet time at Starbucks just for fun. Happy birthday to you :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday!!! Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was very relaxing. :)
ReplyDeleteOh, my 30s are going to be BADASS!! :-) I'm putting it out there.
ReplyDeleteTHANKS!
THANKS girl! No cocktails, but definitely some white wine. I would have preferred a cocktail, though. :-)
ReplyDelete