Over a month ago I got going on BodyRock.tv's 30 day January challenge. But that was near the end of January and with the start of February, BodyRock.tv started a brand new monthly challenge. So, I ditched the Jan challenge and started up with Feb. Since then, I have pretty much been working out at least 5 days a week. This is a BIG DEAL for me... a person who never used to exercise.
40 weeks preggo with Landon VS. holding 4 month old Landon :-)
Yes, I realize I am a twig of a person to begin with, but I know bodyrocking is helping to "tighten" everything up just a little bit better. And most importantly, it's helping me feel better about myself. Instead of putting the kiddos to sleep and then plopping my ass on the couch while stuffing my face with junk, I put the kiddos to sleep and then work out for 15-20 minutes and THEN I plop myself on the couch and stuff my face with junk. :-) And I don't feel as guilty about it! (Still working on the whole eating healthy thing.)
So, in honor of completing the 30 day challenge, I wanted to post my before and after fit test stats and then treat myself to a hot fudge sundae (okay, maybe the sundae would have happened no matter what).
Here are my reps for the first fit test followed by the final fit test (8 rounds of 50 seconds followed by 10 second rest)...
1. Squat Jumps------------------ 31 ----- 48
2. Push Ups (on my knees)----- 29 ----- 27
3. Burpees------------------------ 11 ----- 15
4. High Knees------------------- 90 ----- 109
5. Switch Lunges--------------- 20 ----- 25
6. Tuck Jumps------------------- 15 ----- 19
7. Tricep Dips------------------- 20 ----- 35
8. Straight Abs------------------ 42 ----- 37 (excuse: Leila decided to jump on me during these tonight)
I improved in some areas and weakened a little (just barely) in others. Overall, I am very impressed with myself!
Okay, enough gloating on my part. Maybe my lazy ass actually getting up and doing something will inspire someone out there to do the same. I just love this because it costs NOTHING and doesn't require putting on fancy gym clothes and driving somewhere.
For those interested... I didn't buy a special interval timer or anything - I downloaded a free interval timer app on my iPhone (it's called IntervalTimer). Works like a charm!
You look so amazing!!! Way to go!! I can never motivate myself to work out so this is HUGE in my books! :)
ReplyDeletewoohoo! good for you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Now let's just see if I can keep it up... :-)
ReplyDeleteDang girl!! I'm due next month and I'm already thinking about what I'm gonna do to get back in shape, maybe this is the winner! You look awesome, congrats!
ReplyDeleteAllyssa
breakfastatthezemkes.blogspot.com
Thanks Allyssa! I also strongly suggest breastfeeding... I'm pretty sure Landon is sucking the pounds right off of me, too. :-)
ReplyDelete