Friday, March 23, 2012

To be a kid again...

I often find myself daydreaming about my childhood. I try to remember what it felt like to have not a care in the world. No bills. No work. No stress. Growing up out in the boonies, my weekends were usually spent exploring the woods around my house; building forts with fallen branches, making mud pies, and just plain getting down and dirty. Life was simple and oh so good.

When I watch my kiddos play I try my hardest to live vicariously through them. To return to the days of "not a care in the world." Ah, to be a kid again...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

My childhood was wonderful. It was full of imaginative play. There were no computers, no cable TV. My media interaction consisted of Saturday morning cartoons, which were such a treat! Sometimes I wonder and worry about my kiddos' childhood. I really can't relate to how they are going to grow up in this world where screens surround them constantly... the TV, the computer, cell phones, tablets. How will this affect their future?

I just hope they will always appreciate the simple things in life. Turning the pages of a favorite book. Rolling down a grassy hill. Pretending a broom is their trusty steed. I hope they learn to let their imaginations run wild, like I did.... & sometimes still do.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...